Options for sharing YouTube videos
There are several ways to share a video on YouTube. To get started, click the Share link under the video you’d like to share, then select one of the following options:
- Share this video: This gives you a link that you can copy and paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
- Link to a specific part of the video: Before copying the link, select the Start at: checkbox if you want to share a particular part of the video. For example, if you want to the video to start at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, select the checkbox, then type “2:30” into the box.
- Social networks: Click one of the social network icons (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) to share the video there.
- Embed: This lets you show the video on a different site, like your own website or blog. Learn more about embedding videos.
- Email: YouTube will send an email to the email address(es) you enter. If the recipient doesn’t receive the video, ask them to check their spam folders, or add firstname.lastname@example.org to their address book and filter exception list.
- Hangout: This option starts a video chat (Google+ Hangout) where you can watch YouTube videos with your friends, face-to-face.
Sometimes when you share an ad, YouTube may record that in browser web storage and/or the URL.