Start watching a video on youtube.com.
Under the video, click Share .
- A panel will appear, presenting different sharing options:
- Message on YouTube: Select the YouTube friend(s) you’d like to send the video to. A private conversation is created where the recipient(s) can view and discuss the video. Click Messages on the top right of the page to find the private chat. You can watch the shared videos and chat at the same time.
- Social networks: Click on a social network icon (for example, Facebook, Twitter) to share the video there.
- Email: Choose the email icon to send an email using the default email software on your computer.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate a code you can use to embed the video in a website.
- Copy the link: Click the Copy button to copy a link to the video that you can paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
- Start at: To link to a specific part of the video, check this box and enter the start time before you copy the link. For example, to start the video at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, check the box and enter “2:30.”
- Community post: If you have access to the Community tab, you can share a video in a public post.
- Go to the Channel page.
- In the browser address bar, copy the URL.
- Paste the URL wherever you want to share it.
If you're a creator and you want to create a custom channel URL for your subscribers to easily share, add your YouTube Channel name to the YouTube URL.