View or delete search history
If you're trying to find a particular video you have searched for in the past, search history may help. Your YouTube search history lets you view your previous search queries on YouTube. Your YouTube and Google search history also influence the recommendations that you see on your Home.
You're in control — you can clear your entire search history, remove individual search entries from search suggestions, or pause your search history.
- Search entries you delete will no longer influence your recommendations.
- After clearing your search history, your past searches will no longer show as suggestions in the search box.
- Search queries you enter while your search history is paused will not be saved in your search history.
Keep in mind that any searches you make while logged in to your account will appear in your account's search history across devices.
Access your search history by selecting History in the Guide and selecting Search history.
- Remove an individual search entry: Select the X to the right of the search entry to remove it from the Search History.
- Delete your entire search history: Select Clear all search history to delete your entire search history.
- Pause your search history: Select Pause search history to pause your search history.
TV, game console, or media streaming box
- Select the Search icon
- Select Clear search history