You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.Computer
To get started uploading videos on YouTube from your desktop, follow the steps below.
- Sign into YouTube.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed we will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing. If you prefer not to receive notification, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.
The easiest way to upload videos from an Android device is to use the YouTube app.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Tap on Account
- Tap the Upload icon at the top of the screen.
- Select the video you want to upload.
- Adjust the title, description, and privacy settings of your video.
- On supported devices, you'll also see a video preview with trim handles below it. Drag the trim handles to edit your video's length. A long press on the trim handle will allow you to zoom into a frame by frame view for exact trimming.
- Tap the Upload icon.
Use the YouTube iOS app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to your YouTube account and your desired channel.
- Tap the camerafrom your home screen or account tab.
- Record a new video or select an existing one to upload.
- To record a new video: Tap the video camera icon and begin recording.
- To select an existing video: Use the gallery to select your video.
- Apply optional enhancements to your video and tap NEXT.
- Adjust your video's title, description, and privacy settings.
- Tap to upload.
Tip: Go toMenu > Settings > Uploads to modify the type of connection used to upload videos. Use this setting to restrict uploads to Wi-Fi only.
If you're having trouble signing in, make sure you're using the email address associated with your YouTube account.