You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Upload videos in YouTube Studio
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the top-right corner, click CREATE Upload videos .
- Select the file that you'd like to upload.
Note: You can upload up to 15 videos at a time. Make sure that you click Edit on each file to edit your video details.
If you close the upload experience before you've finished choosing your settings, your video will be saved as a draft on your Content page.
|Title||The title of your video. This field is required.|
Info that shows below your video. For video attributions, use the following format:
[Channel name]|[Video title]|[Video ID]
|Thumbnail||The image that viewers will see before clicking your video.|
|Playlist||Add your video to one of your existing playlists, or create a playlist.|
|Audience||To comply with the US Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you're required to tell us whether your videos are Made for Kids.|
|Age restriction||Age-restrict videos that may not be appropriate for all audiences.|
At the bottom of the Details page, select SHOW MORE to choose your advanced settings.
|Paid promotion||Let viewers and YouTube know that your video has a paid promotion.|
You can add video chapter titles and timestamps to your videos to make them easier to watch. You can create your own video chapters or use the automatically generated chapters by ticking the 'Allow automatic chapters (when available and eligible)' tick box.
Any video chapters entered will override auto-generated video chapters.
Add descriptive keywords to help correct search mistakes.
Tags can be useful if the content of your video is commonly misspelled. Otherwise, tags play a minimal role in your video's discovery.
|Language and caption certification||Choose the original video language and caption certification.|
|Recording date and location||Enter the date on which the video was recorded and the location where your video was filmed.|
|Licence and distribution||Select if your video can be embedded on a different website. Indicate if you'd like to send notifications to your subscribers for your new video.|
|Shorts permissions||Allow others to create Shorts using the audio of your video.|
|Category||Select the category of your video, such as education or comedy.|
|Comments and ratings||Choose whether viewers can leave comments on the video. Choose whether viewers can see how many likes are on your video.|
If you're in the YouTube Partner Programme, you can
If you're in the YouTube Partner Programme, you can use the ad suitability page to rate your videos against our advertiser-friendly content guidelines. This action helps us make monetisation decisions faster and more accurately. Learn more about self-certification.
- Copyright: The Copyright check searches for copyrighted content in your video. If issues are found, you can remove the claimed content from your video or choose to dispute a claim.
- Ad suitability: The ad suitability check will verify whether your video follows our ad-friendly content guidelines. If issues are found, you can request human review if you think our systems made a mistake.
These checks help you learn about potential restrictions so that you can fix issues before your video is published. Checks can take some time, but they run in the background, so you can always return to the process later. You can also publish your video while checks are running and fix issues later.
- Save or publish: To publish your video now, choose this option and select Private, Unlisted or Public as your video's privacy setting. If you choose to make your video public, you can also set your video as an instant Premiere.
- Schedule: To publish your video later, choose this option and select the date that you want your video to be published. Your video will be private until that date. You can also set your video as a Premiere.
Watch how to upload videos
Take a look at the following video from the YouTube Creators channel on how to upload videos.
Learn more about uploading videosHow many videos you can upload per day
There's a limit to how many videos a channel can upload each day. To increase your daily limit, see this article.
Upload audio files
Learn the difference between 'upload' and 'publish'
Upload vertical videos
Understand why your video's upload date and publish date are different
- Upload date: The date that you uploaded your video. Shows next to your private or unlisted video on your Content page.
- Publish date: The date that your video became public. Shows beneath your live video and is always in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
These two dates can be different if you uploaded your video as private or unlisted and made it public later.