You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Click Upload at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video, you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video that you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also import a video from Google Photos.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you untick this option, no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetisation settings.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven't clicked Publish, other people won't be able to view your video. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is complete, we will send you an email to notify you that your video has finish uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family to share your video easily. If you prefer not to receive notifications, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.
"Published on" date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the "published on" date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want to make a video public with a specific date on its watch page, make sure that your video is uploaded or scheduled to go public for that date in Pacific Standard Time.
You may see a different publishing date on the watch page than the one you see in your Video Manager if you:
- Upload a public video in a time zone ahead of PST
- Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a time zone ahead of PST