You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube iPhone and iPad app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Tap Create Upload a video.
- Select an existing video from your gallery.
- If your video is 60 seconds or less and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, it will be uploaded as a Short. Learn more.
- (Optional) If your video is longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, you can tap “Edit into a Short” to trim your video and upload it as a Short. Learn more.
- Tap NEXT.
- Add your video details and tap NEXT.
- Select “Yes, it’s made for kids" or "No, it’s not made for kids" to choose your audience. Learn more about made for kids.
- Tap Age restriction (advanced) and select "Yes, restrict my video to viewers over 18" or "No, don't restrict my video to viewers over 18." Learn more about age restriction.
- Tap UPLOAD to publish your video.
Sometimes we begin uploading your video while you’re recording the video. We never publish a video without your consent.
Watch an example
If you’d like a demo of how to upload videos on your iPhone or iPad, watch the following video.
Learn more about uploading videosHow many videos you can upload per day
There's a limit to how many videos a channel can upload each day. To increase your daily limit, see this article.
If your video features a top searched creator, viewers may see a link on the watch page to the featured creator’s channel, with the option to subscribe. This feature makes it easier for viewers to discover new creators and subscribe to their channels.
A diverse group of top searched creators on YouTube are tagged automatically. Creators cannot be tagged manually.
How to remove a tag
If you created the video, you can tap on the featured creator’s name and choose to remove them from the video.
If you’re tagged in a video, you can tap on your name on the watch page and choose to remove yourself from the video or from all videos you're tagged in on this channel.
Upload over mobile network vs. Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings.
- In the “Uploads” box, turn “Upload over Wi-Fi only” on or off.