You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube Android app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to YouTube and your desired channel.
- Tap the camera at the top of the home page from any navigation page.
- Record a new video or select an existing one to upload.
- To record a new video: Tap the video camera icon and begin recording.
- To select an existing video: Use the gallery to select your video.
- Apply optional enhancements to your video and tap Next.
- Adjust your video's title, description, and privacy settings. You can have a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters.
- Tap Upload.
You can also change the type of connection used to upload videos.
- Go to your account icon .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Uploads.
- Use this setting to restrict uploads to Wi-Fi only.
- Don’t burn-in bars, as this prevents YouTube from displaying your video in the best way.
- Follow the steps to publish your video.
"Published on" date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the "published on" date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want to make a video public with a specific date on the watch page, make sure that your video is uploaded or scheduled to go public for that date in Pacific Standard Time.
You may see a different publishing date on the watch page than the one you see in your Video Manager if you:
- Upload a public video in a timezone ahead of PST
- Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a timezone ahead of PST