Blocking someone on YouTube will stop them from making comments on your videos or Channel, and they won’t be able to contact you through private messages either.
If you feel you’re being bullied or harassed by someone, please see more information on how to protect yourself from Bullying and Harassment.
Here’s how to block someone on YouTube
- Visit their Channel page, which should have a URL similar to www.youtube.com/user/NAME
- On their “About” tab, click the flag icon
- Click Block User
You can also block someone through your Address Book. If the person you’re trying to block is one of your contacts, select the checkbox next to their name and click the Block button. If they’re not in your Contacts, you can add them as a contact by clicking the Add New button.
Unblock someone on YouTube
- Visit your Address Book on YouTube
- Click Blocked Users on the left side of the page
- Select the checkbox next to the person’s name
- Under the “Selected Contacts” column, click the drop-down arrow next to their name
- Click Unblock