Replace or delete your video
You can delete any video that you uploaded to your YouTube channel. You can't replace a video since any new video uploads will get a new URL, but you can make changes to the existing video.
Delete your own videos
You can remove any videos that you uploaded from your own Google Account. If you delete a video, it's permanently deleted – you can't recover it through YouTube. If you want to see it again, make sure that you have a backup saved.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to Creator Studio by clicking your Google Account icon in the top right-hand corner > Creator Studio.
- In the left-hand menu, select Video Manager > Videos.
- Click the tick box next to the video(s) that you want to delete.
- At the top of the page, choose Actions > Delete from the drop-down menu.
After you delete a video, the video URL and title will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics. Data associated with the video, such as watch time, will still be part of aggregate reports, but will not be attributed to the deleted video.
Replace a video
You can't replace a video because any new video you upload to YouTube will get a new URL. Instead, you can make changes to an existing video:
- Enhance your video: You can make some editorial changes to the video using YouTube Video Enhancements. You can trim parts of your video, auto-fix lighting and colour, blur parts of the video, apply a filter and more.
- Add cards to your video: You can use cards to change elements of your videos. You can point viewers to a specific URL (from a list of eligible sites) and show customised images, titles and calls to action, depending on the card type.
- Change your video's title and description: You can organise and make changes to your video's title, category, description and privacy settings.