Delete your YouTube channel
Closing your YouTube channel will permanently delete your content, including videos, comments, messages, playlists, and history. Note that you can't delete a channel on mobile devices right now.
Follow these steps to delete your YouTube channel:
- On a computer, make sure you're signed in to YouTube with the channel you want to delete.
- Go to your advanced account settings. You can get to advanced account settings at any time by following these steps:
- In the top right, click your account > YouTube settings .
- Under "Account settings," select Overview.
- Under the channel's name, select Advanced.
- At the bottom, select Delete channel.
- When prompted, enter your sign-in details and confirm that you want to permanently delete your channel and all of its contents.
The update may take some time, so you might continue to see thumbnails of your videos on the site for a short time.
Note: These steps will only delete your YouTube channel, not the Google+ profile or page connected to the channel, or the Google Account you use to sign in. Learn how to delete your Google+ profile, your Google+ page, or your entire Google Account.