Delete or restore your YouTube channel
Closing your YouTube channel will delete your data including videos, messages, comments, and your channel. You will not be able to open a new channel with the same URL. Note that deleting a channel is currently not possible on mobile devices.Delete channel connected to Google+ profile
You have a few options to take down your channel:
- Hide your channel through Google Account settings:
- Go to your Google Account settings.
- Make sure you sign in with your YouTube channel's Google Account.
- Under Account management, click Remove YouTube content.
- Choose to hide your YouTube channel and content. Be sure to read carefully; some content will be irreversibly deleted.
- You can re-enable your channel later if desired.
- Delete your Google+ profile. This will hide your channel and content unless you restore the profile. This will also allow you to then permanently delete your channel through Google Account settings (mentioned above).
- Delete your entire Google Account.
- Make sure you're signed in to the channel you want to delete.
- Go to your advanced account settings.
- Click Delete channel. You'll be asked to re-enter your sign-in details to confirm that you want to delete your channel.
- Note that if your channel is connected to a Google+ page, this will not delete the page. If you want, you can delete the page afterwards.
You may still see thumbnails of your videos on the site as it takes time to update; they will be removed shortly.
If you accidentally closed your YouTube channel, you can attempt to reinstate it by submitting the form below within a limited window of time after deletion. Note that not all channels and channel content can be recovered.
Note: if you deleted your entire Google Account, we won't be able to help you restore your channel. Instead, you will need to restore your Google Account.