YouTube tools to translate your content
On average, over two-thirds of a creator's audience watch time comes from outside of their home country. You can use our translation tools to grow your international audience by making your videos more accessible in other languages:
- Translated metadata may increase a video’s reach and discoverability. Translated video titles and descriptions can show up in YouTube search results for viewers who speak those other languages.
- Viewers who speak other languages can also find and watch any of your videos with subtitles.
- Same language captions make your videos available for hard-of-hearing or deaf viewers, non-native speakers, and viewers in loud environments.
Tools to translate your content
- Add translated video titles and descriptions to your videos. Viewers can discover your videos in their own language, and we'll show the title and description of the video in the right language, to the right users.
- Add your own subtitles and closed captions to help open up your content to a larger audience, including deaf or hard-of-hearing viewers or those who speak languages besides the one spoken in your video.
- Let your fans add metadata (title and description) and subtitles/CC in their own language using community contributions. When enough viewers have added and approved the translations, the content is automatically published to your video.
- If you're a viewer, learn how you can contribute translations to your favorite creator's videos.
Use automatic captions
Get more information on how to pick content for translation and build up a strategy to unlock new language audiences in the YouTube Creator Academy.