YouTube tools to translate your content
On average, over two-thirds of a creator's audience watch time comes from outside of their home area. To grow your international audience, make your videos more accessible in other languages with our translation tools:
- Translated metadata may increase a video’s reach and discoverability. Translated video titles and descriptions can show up in YouTube search results for viewers who speak those other languages.
- Viewers who speak other languages can also find and watch any of your videos with subtitles.
- Same language captions make your videos available for hard-of-hearing or deaf viewers, non-native speakers, and viewers in loud environments.
Tools to translate your content
- Add translated video titles and descriptions to your videos. Viewers can discover your videos in their own language. We'll show the title and description of the video in the right language, to the right viewers.
- To reach a larger audience, add your own subtitles and closed captions. This is especially helpful for viewers with hearing impairments.
Use automatic captions
Learn more about how to reach a global audience in the YouTube Creator Academy.