These policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using Brand Lift surveys. Be sure to check back from time to time as these policies may change.
All Brand Lift surveys must comply with our Ads Policies and Program Policies. You cannot use Brand Lift surveys to collect personally identifiable information.
In addition, any questions related to sensitive topics described below will not be allowed in our sole discretion:
- Demographic info
- Sexual orientation
- Disturbing, distasteful, or adult content
- Hateful or intolerant speech
- Vulgar language
- Other inappropriate content
Restrictions that apply to sensitive categories in Brand Lift surveys
When using Brand Lift surveys, you can't collect viewer feedback on sensitive topics. For the purposes of these policies, sensitive info includes, among others:
- interest or participation in adult activities (including adult dating, pornography, and so on)
- sexual behavior or orientation
- racial or ethnic info
- political affiliation
- trade union membership or affiliation
- religion or religious belief
- financial status or situation
- health or medical info
- status as a child under 13
Also, any ads that our YouTube ads content policies already prohibit are prohibited from creating Brand Lift surveys.
What happens if I violate these policies?
- Survey disabling: Brand Lift surveys that don't comply with these policies may be suspended. This means that these surveys can no longer be used with ad campaigns and new surveys cannot be created.
- Account suspension: If you have several violations or a serious violation, your Google Ads account may be suspended. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.