Brand Lift surveys
The policies herein play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using Brand Lift surveys. Be sure to check back from time to time as these policies may change.
All Brand Lift surveys must comply with our Ads Policies and Program Policies. You cannot use Brand Lift surveys to collect personally identifiable information. In addition, any questions related to sensitive topics such as demographic information, sexual orientation, age, race, or what we may determine to contain disturbing, distasteful or mature content, hateful or intolerant speech, vulgar language, or other inappropriate content will not be allowed in our sole discretion.
Restrictions that apply to sensitive categories in Brand Lift surveys
When using Brand Lift surveys, you cannot collect user feedback on sensitive topics. For the purposes of the policies herein, sensitive information includes, among others:
- interest or participation in adult activities (including adult dating, pornography, etc.)
- sexual behavior or orientation
- racial or ethnic information
- political affiliation
- trade union membership or affiliation
- religion or religious belief
- financial status or situation
- health or medical information
- status as a child under 13
Additionally, any ads that are already prohibited by our YouTube ads content policies are prohibited from creating Brand Lift surveys.
What happens if I violate these policies?
- Survey disabling: Brand Lift surveys that do not comply with the policies herein may be suspended. This means that these surveys can no longer be used with ad campaigns and new surveys cannot be created.
- Account suspension: An AdWords account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.