Create a new channel for Content owner
You can create a new channel and automatically link it to your YouTube content owner. Linking a channel gives the Content owner the right to claim videos and apply monetization policies for that channel. The owner of the new channel (the YouTube user that you're signed in as) does not have the same rights by default.
Create channel associated with your Content owner
- Sign in to the Video Manager as a user with administrator rights to the Content owner.
- Select the Content owner name from the Manage drop-down list.
- On the left, select Channels > Overview. You'll see a list of the channels associated with the Content owner.
- Click Create new.
- Read the new channel agreement and specify whether to allow the owner of the new channel to monetize uploads or view revenue for the channel. Click Continue when you're ready to move to the next step.
- Set the optional permissions:
- To allow the owner of the new channel to claim videos and apply usage policies to them, select the Monetize uploads check box .
- To allow the owner of the new channel to see the revenue generated for the channel on the Earnings Report in YouTube Analytics, select the View revenue check box.
- Enter details for the new channel:
- Enter a name for the new channel in the Name your channel text box.
- Choose the category of the channel from the drop-down list.
- Specify whether the content on the new channel will be appropriate for all ages or just for adult viewers.
- Check the box to acknowledge that you've read with the policies for the Google+ page that will be created along with the channel.
- Click Done to create the new channel.
You'll see the new channel in the Channels > Overview list. Your user account is set as the owner of the new Brand Account. You can also add owners and managers or move the channel to a different account.