Download YouTube videos
In general, downloading videos that other people have posted on YouTube is not allowed. However, you can download MP4s of your own uploads.
How to download an MP4 of an upload
- Sign into your account.
- Click on your username in the top right hand corner of your screen and select Video Manager from the expanded menu.
- Find the video you'd like to download.
- Click the arrow next to Edit to open a drop-down menu.
- Click Download MP4.
Why can’t I download my video?You won’t be able to download your videos under the following circumstances:
- Your video has been removed from YouTube
- You’re using a pre-approved audio track
- Your video has copyrighted content
- You’ve already download two videos in the last hour:
You can only download an individual video up to five times per day, so if you don’t see the “Download MP4” button, it may be because you’ve already exceeded that limit. Once a day has passed, the button will appear again.