When you create a live stream, highlights can help you to share a shorter, edited version of the live stream while you're streaming.
Add a stream marker to easily make a highlight
To make creating highlights easier, you can insert stream markers when something interesting happens while you're live streaming. Then when you're making a highlight in YouTube Editor, you'll see stream markers on the timeline.
How to create a highlight
You can create a highlight while you're streaming or edit it after you've finished streaming. If you're streaming by yourself (like many gamers), you'll probably insert a stream marker for reference and then create a highlight after your stream ends. If you're part of a team, you can easily create a highlight as you're streaming.
- Open YouTube Studio.
- From the top-right, click Create Go live.
- Click Stream or Manage and start a stream.
- When something interesting happens, add a stream marker by tapping Insert stream marker from the top-right.
- From the top, click Create highlight .
- Trim the video: Select what you want to highlight. You can drag the handlebars on the timeline or edit the timestamps.
Mute or unmute: Tap Mute .
- Enter a title, set the video's privacy and add a description.
- Click Create. Your video will be published automatically.