Make the most out of YouTube
When you're signed in to YouTube, you're able to make the most out of your experience.
Am I signed in?
On your mobile device, you can see if you're signed in by tapping the Account icon . If you see the prompt to Sign in, you're not yet signed in. Go ahead and click Sign in, then select an account or add a new one.
Subscribe to the channels you like
Subscribe to channels you like to see more content from those channels. You can find a Subscribe button under any YouTube video, or on a channel's page. Once you subscribe to a channel, any new videos it publishes will show up in your Subscriptions feed.
How to subscribe
- Open the YouTube app or go to m.youtube.com.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- If you're on the Home tab :
- Below the video whose channel you want to subscribe to, tap the channel icon.
- Tap Subscribe .
- If you're watching a video whose channel you want to subscribe to:
- Below the video, tap Subscribe .
When you subscribe to a channel we’ll automatically send you notifications about only the highlights from that channel. You can opt to get a notification every time the channel publishes content by changing your notification settings.
Note that if you unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to a channel, your notification settings will be reset.
To unsubscribe from a channel, follow the same instructions for subscribing to a channel. Instead of tapping Subscribe, tap Subscribed. A notification confirming that you have unsubscribed from the channel will appear at the bottom of your screen.
Build playlists of your favorite videos
Find a group of videos that you like? Maybe a few of your favorite songs, or highlights from your local sports team? Put them in a playlist, so you can watch them together, whenever you want.
- Start with a video you want in the playlist.
- Once the video is playing, tap the video to see the playlist add icon
- Tap Add to Playlist... .
- Tap Create new playlist... .
- Name your playlist.
- Tap the field to choose if you want the playlist to be public or private. If it's private, people can't find it when they search YouTube.
- Tap the check box .
Go to the Library tab to view all of your playlists.
- Start with a video you want in the playlist
- Under the video, tap Add to Playlist .
- Tap Create new playlist .
- Enter a playlist name.
- Use the drop down box to select your playlist's privacy setting. If it's private, people cant' find it when they search YouTube.
To get to your new playlist, tap Account . You'll see all of your playlists listed.