Connect your phone, tablet, or computer to watch YouTube on TV
Connect over Wi-Fi
You can use your phone, tablet, or computer to control the YouTube experience on supported TVs. This will happen automatically when your TV and devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Select Cast to get started.
Note that Cast works with any device that can support the YouTube experience on TV, not just Chromecast.
Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection
If you don’t see your TV or game console under the listed devices on the “Watch on TV” page:
- Make sure your TV or game console is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi
- Make sure your phone and TV or game console are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- In some cases it may help to open the YouTube app on your TV or game console
You can manually pair your TV or game console with your computer when you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.
Find the pairing code
- Launch YouTube on your TV or game console.
- Navigate to Settings .
- Scroll to the Pair device screen.
The pairing code is made up of numbers. If you notice that the code you found is made up of only letters, please go through step 1 again to find the correct code. The code with letters is separately used for signing in to YouTube on TV via youtube.com/activate, and cannot be used to pair your devices.
Enter the pairing code
- Open youtube.com.
- Go to your Account Settings .
- Select Connected TVs.
- Enter the pairing code shown on your TV or game console.
Select Cast to choose your computer as the display.
Remove or edit a connected TV
Remove or edit a manually connected TV or game console by returning to the pairing screen on your computer.
- Go to youtube.com/account.
- Select Connected TVs to remove or edit a TV or game console.
Remove all paired devices from your connected TV or game console on the YouTube app.
- Go to Settings .
- Click Delete.
- Select OK.