Watch videos in full screen, and turn captions on or off. You can also learn how to watch videos while browsing on the YouTube mobile app.
You can change your viewing options from the video player.
Watch in full screen:
- Rotate your device horizontally.
- Or tap the video tap full screen .
Exit full screen:
- Tap the video tap full screen exit .
Turn on & off captions
- To turn on, tap Captions in the upper right corner.
- To turn off, tap Captions again.
If doesn't show:
- Tap your profile picture tap Settings .
- Tap Captions.
- Turn captions on or off.
On devices with aspect ratios greater than 16:9, you can zoom in to videos to make the video expand to the full screen.
- Go to the video you'd like to zoom.
- Pinch out on the video screen with 2 fingers.
Fast forward or rewind
- To rewind, double-tap the left side of the video-screen.
- To fast-forward, double-tap the right side of the screen.
Watch videos while browsing
- Minimize the player: While a video is playing, swipe down on the video.
- Maximize the player: Swipe upwards on the minimized video.
- Dismiss the player: If you no longer want to view the minimized video, swipe it down or tap Close .
To change video quality:
- Tap Settings .
- Under "Quality", tap the Down arrow and select playback quality.