The ads that play on YouTube videos that you watch are tailored to your interests. They're based on your Google Ad Settings, the videos that you've watched and whether you're signed in or not.
When you're signed in, these anonymous signals may decide which ads you see:
- Types of videos that you've viewed
- The apps on your device and your use of apps
- Websites that you visit
- Anonymous identifiers associated with your mobile device
- Your previous interactions with Google's ads or advertising services
- Your geographic location
- Age range
- YouTube video interactions
These ads are based on the content of the videos that you've watched whether you're signed in or not.
Manage privacy settings for ads
Turn off ads
If you want to turn off ads on YouTube, check out our paid memberships for an ad-free experience.
Fill in lead forms
When you see and open a lead form in a video campaign on YouTube, some fields in the lead form are pre-filled when you're signed in to your YouTube account.