Change playlist privacy setting
If you're the owner of a playlist, you can make your playlist public, private or unlisted – just like you can for individual videos.
Set playlist privacy
This feature isn't available in YouTube Studio beta yet. If you're in YouTube Studio beta (studio.youtube.com), select Creator Studio Classic in the left menu to follow these steps.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Click your account icon in the top-right corner > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Video Manager > Playlists.
- Next to the playlist that you want to update, click Edit. This will take you to the individual playlist that you’d like to manage.
- Click Playlist settings.
- In the 'Playlist privacy' drop-down menu, choose the playlist privacy setting.
- Click Save.
- Public videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
- Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose.
- Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link.
|Can share URL||Yes||No||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||Yes||No||Yes|
|Shows up in search, related videos and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in Subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?