Learn how to fix issues signing in to your YouTube channel on your mobile device, smart TV, or game console.
Before you start: Try restarting your device; this is often a quick way to fix issues.
Troubleshoot for mobile devices
- Check Google Play to make sure you’ve updated your YouTube app to the latest version.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device (even if you have the latest version).
- Make sure you're using a Google Account to sign in.
- Try adding your Google Account to your mobile device using the instructions for Android devices.
Troubleshoot for TVs
YouTube on Apple TV
- If you can't sign in to the YouTube app, your smart TV may not have a supported version of the YouTube app.
- Unfortunately, smart TVs can only run apps that are provided by the manufacturer. You can't change or update the apps that are available on your TV. Get in touch with your TV manufacturer for support.
YouTube on Android TV or Blu-Ray players
- Try changing what you put in the user ID/username field:
- Use your full email address (like "email@example.com")
- Use your email address without "@gmail.com" (like "youtubesupport")
- Try using the same password as you would on the YouTube website.
- You may need to set up an app-specific password to give the app or device permission to use your Google Account.
- Get in touch with your device manufacturer or the developer of your software for more help.
Troubleshoot for gaming consoles
- Make sure your console is supported. You can use the YouTube app on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and Wii U.
- Make sure you're using the right activation code. Follow the instructions to find the activation code and sign in.