Troubleshoot sign-in problems on mobile & devices
Use this article to resolve issues signing in to your YouTube channel if you can sign in on your computer, but can't sign in on your mobile device, Smart TV, or game console.
Before you start: Try restarting your device. This is often a quick way to fix issues.
Troubleshoot for mobile devices
- Make sure you've updated your YouTube app to the latest version in Google Play.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device (even if you have the latest version).
- Make sure you're using a Google Account to sign in.
- Try adding your Google Account to your mobile device using the instructions for Android devices.
Troubleshoot for TVs
YouTube on Apple TV
- If you're not able to sign in to the YouTube app, your Smart TV may not have a supported version of the YouTube app.
- Unfortunately, Smart TVs can only run apps that are provided by the manufacturer. You can't change or update the apps on your TV. Contact your TV manufacturer for support.
YouTube on Android TV or Blu-Ray players
- Try changing what you put in the user ID/username field:
- Use your full email address (e.g., "email@example.com")
- Use your email address without "@gmail.com" (e.g., "youtubesupport")
- Try using the same password as you would on the desktop version of www.youtube.com.
- You may need to set up an application specific password to give the app or device permission to access your Google Account.
- Contact your device manufacturer or the developer of your software for further assistance.
Troubleshoot for gaming platforms
- Make sure your platform is supported. You can use the YouTube app on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, PS4, and Wii U.
- Make sure you're using the right activation code. Follow the instructions to find the activation code and sign in.