Can't connect to Google+
Currently, a small set of channels can't connect to a Google identity as they have certain properties that Google+ doesn't support. These channels won't be able to access some new features, and some existing features may be slightly degraded.
The following types of channels are currently affected:
- Channels with a disabled Google+ profile
- Channels on a Google Apps domain that disables Google+
- Channels with policies that prevent them from having a Google+ profile or page (e.g., channels with age gates, or other restrictions that Google+ does not support)
- Channels that are hidden
In addition, channels with paid subscriptions can connect to a Google+ profile but not to a Google+ page, due to technical limitations.
What to do if your channel can't get a Google identity
We are working to lift the restrictions so that all channels can use a Google identity. Until then, if your channel is in this state, you have a few options:
- If your channel’s account has a disabled Google+ profile, in some cases you can visit Google+ to see if you can resolve the issue. Learn more about profile suspensions.
- If your channel’s account is on a Google Apps domain that has disabled Google+, talk with your domain administrator to see if Google+ can be enabled.
- If your channel has a paid subscription, and you want to connect to a Google+ page, consider unsubscribing. (You can re-subscribe using your personal channel.)
- If your channel is hidden, you can re-enable your channel.
- Consider using an alternate channel that doesn't have above properties.