Make sure to validate your DDEX file or spreadsheet before uploading it. Any issues with your CSV or DDEX file will be flagged during this process and may prevent upload failures. This step can be especially helpful for verifying the output of any automated process or custom code that generates the CSV or DDEX file.
If your file updates data only, with no new files, the Metadata Validator offers the option to upload your changes.
To validate the metadata file:
- Click the Metadata Validator link that appears under CONTENT DELIVERY in the YouTube Studio's left-side menu.
- To validate, click Choose File and select the file to validate.
- Confirm that your user name appears next to the Validate button.
- Some partner accounts have different uploaders for different content owners. Formatting requirements may differ for different owners, so you need to ensure that you validate the metadata against the rules in effect for your content uploader. If another user’s name appears, click the name and choose your user name from the drop-down list.
- Click the Validate button. The results of the validation appear in a message bar. If the metadata contains an error, a message bar appears in red and describes the errors. If the metadata contains no critical errors, the message bar appears in green.
- If your file is updating data only — that is, if it doesn't include any <file> elements — an Upload and Make Live button appears in the green message bar. This button gives you the option to upload your changes from this page.
- (Optional) To update the metadata based on the contents of this file, click the Upload and Make Live button. You also have the option to upload the file using your usual upload method.