Feature changes for customizing your channel
Translated channel sections and vertical section layout will be discontinued July 15, 2020. We’re also redesigning featured channels to increase visibility on mobile. These features were rarely used and we’re removing them to simplify your experience, as well as focus on bringing channel customization to YouTube Studio later this year. Learn more.
Your channel is where you can organize your video content for your audience. As a channel owner, you can add videos, links, and info about yourself or your channel for visitors to explore.
Customize you channel
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Under your profile picture at the top right, select Your channel.
- Click Customize channel.
- Use the drop-down menu next to your name to view your channel as Yourself, a New visitor, or a Returning subscriber.
- Use the tabs to preview your channel:
- Home: This tab is what your audience sees when they visit your channel. They can view a feed of your activities or preview different sections of your customized layout.
- Videos: Use this tab to see a list of all uploads publicly available for subscribers or all the videos you've publicly liked. You can sort by most popular or date added.
- Playlists: This tab is a list of all the playlists that you've created.
- Channels: This tab shows the channels you’ve subscribed to.
- Discussion: If you've turned on the discussion tab, it will display comments left on your channel.
- About: Use this tab to add a channel description, location, contact info, and custom links.
- You can overlay up to five of these links on your channel art as shortcut icons.
- Featured channels: Feature other owned channels or creators.