Basics about your channel
Your channel is where you can organize your video content for your audience. As a channel owner, you can add videos, playlists, and information about yourself or your channel for visitors to explore.
- Sign in to your YouTube account on a computer.
- On the left, select My channel.
- Use the drop-down menu next to your name to view your channel as Yourself, a New visitor, or a Returning subscriber. When you want to go back to viewing as yourself, click Done at the top of the screen.
- Use the tabs to navigate previewing the channel:
- Home: This is what your audience sees when they visit your channel. They can view a feed of your activities or preview different sections of your customized layout.
- Videos: Use this to see a list of all uploads publicly available for subscribers or all of the videos you've publicly liked. You can sort by most popular or date added.
- Playlists: This is a list of all the playlists that you've created.
- Discussion: If you've turned on the discussion tab, this will display comments left on your channel.
- About: Use this to add a channel description (maximum length of 1,000 characters), set your channel country, enter a business contact email address, and define social or other web links.
- Links that you add here are featured just below your description and use the icon from the corresponding social network when displayed. You can overlay up to five of these links on your channel art as shortcut icons.
- To edit your About tab, hover over the content, then click edit .