You can have a video trailer shown to all unsubscribed visitors to your channel. Your channel trailer is like a movie trailer. Use it as a way to display a preview of your channel's offerings so that viewers will want to subscribe.
By default, ads won't appear when the trailer is playing on the channel page in the trailer spot (unless the video that you've chosen contains third-party claimed content). This helps keep the viewer focused on learning about and subscribing to your channel. If the viewer is already subscribed to your channel, they'll see a video under 'What to Watch Next' instead.
Set a channel trailer
- Upload the video that you want to be your channel trailer.
- Go to the channel that you want to manage.
- Select Customise channel.
- Go to the 'Home' tab.
- Click the 'For new visitors' tab.
- Click Edit .
- Select Change trailer or Remove trailer.
Quick tips for creating channel trailers
- Assume that the viewer has never heard of you.
- Keep it short.
- Hook your viewers in the first few seconds.
- Show, don't tell.