The channel trailer is available to channels with the channel browse view enabled.
To edit your channel trailer, visit your own channel. You will see a section promoting your channel trailer. If you don't see that section, follow these steps:
- Hover of the section with your channel name and click on the pencil that appears on the right hand side
- Click edit channel navigation
- Enable the Browse view and then click Save
You will then be able to choose your upload by thumbnail or by entering your video’s URL.
You can always change or remove your channel trailer by clicking on the pencil icon.
- assume the viewer has never heard of you
- keep it short
- hook your viewers in the first few seconds
- show, don’t tell
- ask viewers to subscribe in your video and with annotations
Only unsubscribed visitors will see your channel trailer. If the viewer is already subscribed to your channel, they will not see the channel trailer but a video under the heading ‘What to Watch Next’.
‘What to Watch Next’ content is surfaced depending on the user’s previous activity. For example, if the user had just watched a first episode of your serialized content, episode two would appear here on their next visit.