You can now watch YouTube videos on Wii U. In the YouTube app, you can view your subscribed channels and search for content.
You can also control YouTube on Wii U with your phone, tablet, or computer.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to more YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions.
To sign in with your Google Account, follow these steps:
On your Wii U:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Select Sign in.
On your computer:
- In your browser, go to www.youtube.com/tv/activate.
- Enter the code listed on your Wii U.
- Enter or select your Google Account and click Allow.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Home - Return to the home screen.
- Search - Find a new video to watch.
- Pause/Resume - Tap the A button to pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Tap right on the D-pad to fast forward by 10 seconds.
- Rewind - Tap left on the D-pad to rewind by 10 seconds.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select this option to view the video’s closed captions.
- Report - Report the video for inappropriate content.
Select Search to search for your favorite YouTube videos. As you enter in your search terms, the search results will autocomplete.