You can now watch YouTube videos on PlayStation 3. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, and search for content.
You can also control YouTube on PlayStation 3 with your phone, tablet or computer.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you get more YouTube features like playlists and subscriptions. To sign in, follow these steps:Play videos
On your PlayStation 3:
- Go to SIGN IN & SETTINGS.
- Select SIGN IN using the X button. You should now get an activation code.
On your computer:
- Go to www.youtube.com/tv/activate and enter the activation code shown on the PlayStation 3.
- Click Allow Access, which completes the sign-in process.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will open allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Home - Return to the home screen.
- Search - Find a new video to watch.
- Pause/resume - Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward: Press right on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move forward through the video.
- Rewind: Press left on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move backwards through the video.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select to turn on and off the video’s closed captions and change the caption display settings.
- Flag - Report the video for inappropriate content.