You can now watch YouTube videos on PlayStation. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, and search for content in the Youtube app. Learn how to use your phone, tablet, or computer as a remote.
Download the YouTube app
Link your Google account to your PlayStation account
You can link your Google and PlayStation accounts to broadcast and share gameplay from your console to YouTube.
Learn how to sign in to your account on your PlayStation. You can also switch accounts or sign out if you no longer have access to the device.
- Pause/resume - Press X on your remote with the video progress bar in focus to pause Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Press right on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move forward through the video.
- Rewind - Press left on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move backwards through the video.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select to turn on and off the video’s closed captions and change the caption display settings.
- Flag - Report the video for inappropriate content.
When playing a video, you can find more options by selecting More Actions. There you'll find the options to:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Rate the video.
- Report the video for violating Community Guidelines.
Search for Videos
You can search for videos in the YouTube app using Voice Search. Here's how:
- Connect a mic to your DualShock® controller (or connect a PlayStation® Camera with built-in mic).
- Open the YouTube app and go to the Search page.
- Select the Mic to the left of the on-screen keyboard (or for a shortcut, press L2 on your controller).
- Speak into the mic and say what you're looking for.
- Your results will pop up.
Watch 360 Videos
Pair a second device to your PlayStation
Upload a video
You can upload gameplay videos directly to YouTube using the Share button on your PlayStation. Here's how:
- Press the Share button on your PS4 controller and select Upload Video Clip.
- Select the clip you'd like to upload and choose YouTube.
- Trim the start or end point, add a title, description, and tags.
- Confirm the privacy settings and that you're uploading to the correct channel.
- Select Share.
Your clip will now begin uploading. You can track the progress of your uploads by visiting your PS4 or PS5 Notifications page.