What to Watch Next Module
To link your videos to playlists, other videos, channels, and associated websites, you can add cards and end screens. These promotions are more successful in exposing viewers to more of your content.
The “What to Watch Next” module appears for viewers who have subscribed to your channel to encourage them to continue engaging with your video content. This section is dynamic in that we always show users content they have not yet viewed, but you can select a piece of content to feature here as a default.
To set featured content for your returning subscribers:
- Navigate to your channel homepage and select the “For returning subscribers” module.
- Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner .
- Click the “feature content” option and select a video or playlist to include, or a default content option. Note that this will also update the current video or playlist you have chosen to highlight as featured content across your channel.
- Click “Done” when you are finished.
If you do not specify featured content for this module, the following logic will apply:
- If there is a Live Streaming event--we show this in the “What to Watch Next” module.
- If a viewer arrived at your channel via a TrueView In-Search ad with a channel as the playback destination, we show the promoted video in the “What to Watch Next” module.
- If #1 & #2 don’t apply and the user has recently watched a video from your channel, we show the first “Related” uploaded by you video from that video in the module.
- This would be the video that shows as the top left thumbnail in “Related Videos” in the video player when a video ends. It is determined by a host of relevance signals.
- If #1, #2 & #3 don’t apply, we will serve the most recent upload for your channel