Your channel icon shows over your channel art banner. It's the icon that is displayed to other viewers for your videos and channel on YouTube watch pages.
The default icon for your channel is the image associated with your Google Account. You can see this image in the top right-hand corner of the page when you're signed in to YouTube and other Google services. If you want to change this image, you can modify it in your Google Account settings.
Channel icon specs
Use these recommended guidelines when creating a new channel icon. Do not upload pictures containing celebrities, nudity, artwork or copyrighted images since this violates our Community Guidelines.
- JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG file (no animated GIFs)
- 800 x 800 px image (recommended)
- Square or round image that renders at 98 x 98 px
Edit and update channel icon
You can choose to upload a new image, use a still frame from one of your uploaded videos or use your default image.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Under your profile in the top right-hand corner, select Your Channel.
- Select Customise Channel.
- Hover over your existing channel icon in the top left-hand corner of your channel art banner.
- Click Edit .
- Click Edit and follow the on-screen instructions.
How channel icons are displayed on different devices
The channel icon appears as a square image in the upper left-hand corner of the channel art.
The channel icon can look different depending on your device.
It can appear as a rounded image in the bottom corner of the channel art.
It can also appear as a square image below the channel art.