Use a different name on YouTube than your Google Account
If you want to use a name or photo on YouTube that's different from what you have for your Google Account, connect your channel to a Google+ page. You can do this to support your business or brand identity on YouTube without showing a connection with your personal Google Account.
When you connect a YouTube channel to a Google+ page:
- The YouTube channel is associated with a Google+ page account that has the same name as your channel.
- Your Google Account is an owner/manager of the Google+ page connected with the YouTube channel. This lets you access the YouTube channel from your Google Account.
- There's no public association between your Google Account and the Google+ page, so viewers won't see your name or email address (unless you publicly link them yourself).
- You can manage multiple pages (and their channels) from one Google Account. This helps if you have more than one YouTube channel.
- You can add additional managers to your Google+ page. This way, you and any teammates or collaborators can manage the channel without having to share passwords. Learn more about managing channels connected to Google+ pages.
Connect a channel to a Google+ page
You can connect a new or existing channel to Google+ if it's not already connected to another YouTube channel.Create a new channel
You can follow these instructions to create a new channel connected to a Google+ page.
- Go to your account settings and click Confirm your name on YouTube.
- Select the option to use a business or other name.
- You can also go to your advanced account settings and click Connect with a Google+ page.
- Choose one of following options to set the new name for your YouTube channel and then click Next. Use your Google+ pages (if you have any)
If you already have any Google+ pages, you'll see them listed. If you choose one of these, your YouTube channel will be renamed to match the page. If the Google+ page has any other managers, they'll also be able to manage the channel from now on.
If you don't see your Google+ page
If your Google+ page isn't listed, your YouTube channel's Google Account is not a manager of that Google+ page. Learn how to add your Google Account as a manager of the page.
Choose this option to set up a new Google+ page for your channel with the same name as your YouTube name. Your YouTube name won't change.
Select Choose a better name to set up a new name that will apply to your YouTube channel and Google+ page.
Use the name you’ve chosen for your Google Account as your YouTube name.
email@example.com. This isn't a real email address — it's just an identifier for the page. Email notifications for the YouTube channel go to the notification address that you can set for the page.
Switch between accounts
It's easy to switch between your Google Account identity and Google+ page identities to manage any of your YouTube channels — whether it's your business channel(s) or personal channel.
When you sign in to your Google Account on YouTube, you can choose to use YouTube with the identity of your Google Account or any Google+ pages that you manage.
- On you computer, click on your channel icon in the top right corner.
- Choose the account you want to use YouTube as from the list.