YouTube Capture support
YouTube Capture is an app that lets you record, edit, upload, and share videos on iOS devices with iOS versions 6+.
YouTube Capture is no longer being updated by YouTube, but you can get the basic instructions for using YouTube Capture below.
Sign in or out
Record and edit videos
- Press and hold Record to record video clips or tap Record to start and stop recording.
- Record as many clips as you’d like. When you’re done, tap Edit and upload in the top right.
- Choose to edit your videos:
- Trim clips and videos: Drag the handles to change the start and end points.
- Reorder clips: Press and hold clips, then drag and drop to rearrange.
- Remove clips: Tap the clip, then select Remove clip.
- Add clips: Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen and select a clip to add.
- Add music: Select Add music and select from your device or the YouTube soundtrack.
- Add video enhancements: On the Upload screen, tap the … icon to add Color correction or Stabilization.
- Tap the right arrow in the top corner.
- Add a title,description, tags, and metadata.
- Tap the Public, Unlisted, or Private icons at the bottom of the screen to set the privacy settings for your video.
- Tap Upload.
While your video is uploading, you can see its progress in the Video Manager. To pause or cancel your upload, tap the thumbnail of your video while it’s queued, processing, or uploading.
Share your videos
- Upload a video using YouTube Capture.
- Go to Video Manager and select the video you want to share.
- In “Info and Settings” page, go to Share and copy the URL your clipboard.
- Share your video to your connected social media accounts or send via SMS.
- Go to Video Manager and select the video you want to delete.
- Scroll down and select Delete from YouTube.
Videos on your device
- Open the iOS Photos app on your device.
- Find the video in the camera roll.
- Tap the trash icon.
- Tap Delete video.
- Go to Video Manager.
- Tap Settings.
- Choose your settings:
- Recording settings: Make your videos look great on YouTube by enabling recording on
- Landscape mode only: This prevents your videos from having the black bars on the sides when you upload.
- Upload settings: Select if you want to enable Only upload on Wi-Fi to allow video uploads only when your device is on a Wi-Fi connection.
- Quality settings: Choose from 360p or 720p uploads. Higher quality videos will take longer to upload.
Enable microphone access
- Go to your device's Settings app.
- Tap Privacy > Microphone.
- Enable microphone access for Capture.