Learn with the YouTube Creator Academy
You can use the Creator Academy to build your audience and optimise your YouTube channel for success. Take a look at these lessons to see what top creators are doing and try these strategies on your channel.
Get the fundamentals on how to get started on YouTube and find out why subscribers matter with Getting started courses:
Develop your creative strategy and production skills to build loyal fans with Creating great content courses:
Learn how to use marketing to make your videos and channel memorable with Building your channel's brand courses:
Turn your ideas into great videos by borrowing strategies that filmmakers use, like creating scripts, schedules, storyboards and more, with Pre-production courses.
Learn how to captivate your audience using lighting and camera choices with Production skills courses:
- Create videos on a budget: Tips for producing on a low budget.
- Design your production: Choosing a visual production style for your videos.
- Framing and motion: Considering shot composition and movement.
- Use lighting effectively: Simple lighting techniques can set the mood and tell your story effectively.
- Record great sound: Capturing clean sound with the right equipment and location.
- Shoot on mobile: Create high-quality videos your audience will love using a mobile device.
Package your videos to give them the best chance of getting discovered and watched with Grow your audience courses:
- Get discovered: Learn how your video can reach new viewers.
- Craft searchable titles: A catchy headline can help you hook viewers.
- Make clickable thumbnails: Tell a cohesive story about your video using thumbnails.
- Write smart descriptions: Use keywords to help viewers find your videos more easily through search.
- Let cards do the work: Maximise engagement with your annotations and descriptions.
- Keep 'em watching with playlists: Learn to use tools for an attractive, well-organised channel.
Give viewers easy ways to find and watch more of your videos with Boosting your watch time courses:
- How's my channel doing?: Learn how to measure your success on YouTube.
- Who's watching my channel?: Understand discovery and viewing patterns.
- How engaged is my audience?: Maximise your appeal and get more viewers to watch.
- What’s my revenue?: When you monetise on YouTube, we share our revenue with you. See how your audience contributes to this payment so you can make decisions for your future videos.
- Common analytics scenarios: Get insights into common scenarios that can help you determine what happened and what to do next.
- Earn money with YouTube: Get the basics on YouTube's monetisation ecosystem.
- Ads on YouTube: Learn how to appeal to brands with your channel.
- Set earnings goals: Measure your YouTube earnings.
- Learn how to budget: Learn the basics about setting up a budget and taking the time to manage the earnings and investment in your channel.
- Launching your own merchandise: Learn about more ways to earn money and expand your YouTube brand.
- Set a vision for your business: Take the first step toward building your channel into a business by brainstorming what you want your personal brand to stand for.
- Promote your brand: Move your channel and brand forward by representing and promoting your brand in the media and beyond.
- Branded content – Working with advertisers: Get ready to build effective relationships with brands using these industry tips.
- Perfect your pitch: Learn tips to effectively communicate your brand and unlock opportunities.
- Build your A-team: Every creator grows at a different pace. Ask yourself if it's time to build a support team and learn what to consider when hiring them.
Many successful beauty and fashion channels adopt existing strategies and formats, but often the most successful take a unique approach to their subject that allows them to stand out from the crowd. Find out how with our courses on developing a beauty channel: