Learn with the YouTube Creator Academy
Want to build your audience and optimise your YouTube channel for success? Whether you have a few minutes or an hour, there's something for you in the Creator Academy.
YouTube Creator Academy topics
Take a look at these lessons to see what top creators are doing and try these strategies out on your channel. The newest releases are indicated with an asterisk.How YouTube works
Learn fundamentals for getting started on YouTube and why subscribers matter with our lessons on how YouTube works:
Develop your creative strategy and production skills with our lessons on creating great videos:
- 10 Fundamentals of a creative strategy*: Maximise your videos' potential.
- Make what you love: Stay inspired and sustain your passion.
- Be shareable: Get essentials for your creative strategy.
- Be conversational: Build a loyal fan base.
- Find your niche: Target a specific audience.
- Vlogging*: Master the craft of video blogging.
Learn how to start strong with our lessons on pre-production:
- Turn your idea into a production: Structure your creative idea to develop a story.
- Convert your story to a script: Build your story on paper.
- Adapt your script to a storyboard: Visualise your ideas
- Making great videos with limited resources: Get tips for producing on a low budget.
- Workflow and time management: Understand considerations for sustainable videos.
Develop high-quality content with our lessons on directing your lighting and camera:
Get great audio in your videos with our lessons on using sound and music:
Learn how to use marketing to make your content memorable with our lessons on building a consistent brand:
Package your videos for more watch time with our lessons on getting discovered:
- Get discovered: How your video can reach new viewers.
- Use your title and thumbnail to get discovered: Tell a cohesive story about your video.
- Collaboration: Grow your channel with other creators.
- Closed captions and subtitles: Reach a global audience.
- Advertising your channel: Investing in promotion and measuring success.
Give viewers easy ways to discover your videos with our lessons on encouraging viewers to watch more:
Build and engage your audience for long-term success with our lessons on driving fan engagement:
Customise an experience to make your channel a destination for your fans with our top strategies for specific audiences:
Get the most out of YouTube Analytics:
- About YouTube analytics: Measure your success on YouTube.
- How audiences find your videos: Understand discovery and viewing patterns.
- See what captivates viewers: Maximise your appeal and get more viewers to watch.
- Understand watch sessions: Go beyond one video and keep viewers watching.
- Learn about your subscribers: Understand and cultivate your biggest fans.
Learn how to make money by doing what you love with our lessons on earning money with YouTube:
Learn from our case studies of successful creators:
- Bethany Mota: How she made the must-have accessory.
- Epic Rap Battles: How they broke into the YouTube elite.
- Jamie Oliver: Food Tube, a recipe for YouTube success.
- Michelle Phan: How she became everyone's beauty bestie.
- Rosanna Pansino: How she created the perfect recipe for YouTube success.
- Slow Mo Guys: How they made every second epic.
- Truthloader: How they built a loyal fan base and transformed news on YouTube.
- VICE: Growing sustained viewership through breakout videos.
- Zoella: How she brought the best out of her channel.
Not sure where to start?
We've packaged up some lessons into a course for you around popular themes:
- Foundations for success* (5 lessons): Create your ultimate channel and keep it thriving.
- The art of getting viewers (5 lessons): What's the secret to getting viewers on YouTube? Draw in new viewers and get them engaged.
- Grow your audience (9 lessons): Get the tools and strategies to attract audiences to your channel and keep them coming back.
- Engage your fans (4 lessons): Maximise engagement with your viewers so they'll keep coming back to watch more.
- Production skills* (6 lessons): Learn visual design, framing, lighting and sound techniques that will help you make magic (without making your bank balance disappear).