Your channel's live streaming ability will be turned off automatically for any of the following reasons:
- Your channel gets a Community Guidelines strike.
- Your live stream or archived live stream is blocked globally.
- Your live stream or archived live stream gets a copyright takedown.
- Your live stream matches another copyrighted live broadcast.
- You've reached your daily limit for creating live streams. You can try again in 24 hours.
In addition, for channels that have a significant number of videos with features disabled, live streaming functionality may also be disabled. You can check if your channel has any strikes, and check whether you currently have access to live streaming here.
If your account has been restricted from live streaming, you're prohibited from using another channel to live stream on YouTube. This restriction applies for as long as it remains active on your account. Violation of this restriction is considered circumvention under our Terms of Service and may result in termination of your account. If you suggest that you'll live stream content that violates our Community Guidelines, we may age-restrict or remove your live stream or remove your channel's ability to live stream.We will also remove live streams that show someone holding, handling or transporting a firearm.
Made for Kids restrictions
If your channel or live stream's audience is set as Made for Kids, some features will be turned off or restricted. Here are just a few examples – see a complete list of features.
- Live chat: Live chat, and subsequently, live chat replay and Super Chat.
- Comments: Comments on live stream archives and upcoming streams.
- Reminder notifications: Reminder notifications for upcoming streams.
- Highlight videos: Highlight videos created from a source video set as Made for Kids will have the same restrictions as the original.
- Ads: Personalised ads will be disabled on live streams and Premieres. Contextual ads may be shown.
Live streams featuring minors
In order to better protect minors on YouTube, we do not allow children under the age of 13 to live stream unless they are visibly accompanied by an adult. Channels not in compliance with this policy may lose their ability to live stream.