Suicide and self-injury
You're not alone. Need support? For free, confidential 24/7 support in the United States:
- Call: 1-800-273-8255: The trained counsellors at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline are available 24/7. The call is free and confidential. To learn more about the Lifeline, visit www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- Text: WELL to 741-741: Text with a trained crisis counsellor through Crisis Text Line. Anonymous, free emotional support available 24/7. To learn more visit www.crisistextline.org.
- The website www.befrienders.org has an extensive list of suicide prevention organisations dedicated to helping those in need. Please visit this site if you are looking to talk to someone about your issues.
- Google's Good to Know also has a list of local organisations that can help.
Concerned about someone else?
If you come across content in which someone is suicidal or engaging in self harm, please contact local authorities and flag the video to bring it to our immediate attention. We reach out to these individuals with resources and work with suicide prevention agencies to provide assistance when possible.
To learn more:
- Visit www.selfinjury.com: S.A.F.E. Alternatives is a network and educational resource base committed to helping end self-injurious behaviour.
- Visit www.sioutreach.org: SiOS is an outreach initiative providing information and resources about self injury to those who self injure, those who have recovered and those who want to help.