Get a custom URL for your channel
If your channel is eligible, you can give fans an easy-to-remember web address, called a custom URL, for your YouTube channel. This is called a custom URL and looks like youtube.com/yourcustomname and youtube.com/c/yourcustomname.
You can choose a custom URL based on things like your display name, your YouTube username, any current vanity URLs that you have, or the name of your linked website (all subject to availability).
When sharing your custom URL, you can change its capitalization and accents any way you want. For example, both youtube.com/c/yourcustomname and youtube.com/c/YourCustómNámé would send viewers to the same channel.
You can't change a custom URL after creation. However, you can remove the custom URL from your channel and claim a new one if you want to change it.
Claim a custom URL for YouTube
You can claim a custom URL if you meet the general eligibility requirements. Follow the steps below to set it up.
General eligibility requirements
To create a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to:
- Have 100 or more subscribers
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
In general, a YouTube channel may only have one (1) custom URL and custom URLs cannot be transferred or assigned to anyone.
Set up a custom URL for your channel
If you're eligible for a custom URL, you'll see a notice in your advanced account settings, get an email notification, and may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
Before you start: Keep in mind that you can't change a custom URL after creation, including adjustments to the capitalization, accents, or diacritics.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your icon in the top right > settings . Then click Advanced under your account name.
- Under "Channel settings," select the link next to You're eligible for a custom URL. You'll only see this link if your channel is eligible.
- In the "Get a custom URL" box, you'll see the custom URL(s) you've been approved for. You can't change the part in the gray box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Once a custom URL has been approved, you can't request to change it, so make sure this is the custom URL you want before clicking Confirm choice.
Once you have a custom URL, your audience can reach your channel by using that custom URL (e.g., youtube.com/yourcustomname, which will take viewers to your channel homepage).
Remove custom URL & claim a new one
You can remove a custom URL from your channel up to 3 times per year. This deactivates the URL so that it no longer directs viewers to your channel.
- Sign in to your Google Account and go to your "About me" page.
- Select the account with your YouTube channel in the top right. You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list.
- Find your current custom URL under "Sites" and click edit .
- Next to the URL you want to remove, click X.
- Click OK.
If you're eligible, you can claim a new custom URL right away after removal, but it may take a couple of days before the previous custom URL stops directing to your channel.
You cannot claim a new custom URL from the “About me” page. If you want to claim a new custom URL, you need to meet the general eligibility requirements and follow the steps above.