Get a custom URL for your channel
You can give fans an easy-to-remember web address to get to your YouTube channel using a custom URL (like
youtube.com/creatoracademy). Choose from URL options based on things like your display name, your YouTube username, any current vanity URLs that you have, or the name of your linked website.
Important: You can't change your custom URL after you create it.Eligibility requirements
To get a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to meet these requirements:
- Have 100 or more subscribers
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
You can also qualify for a custom URL that aligns with your web domain by linking and verifying your official webpage with your connected Google+ page
If you're qualified for a custom URL, you'll see a notice in your advanced account settings, receive an email notification, and may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
To get your custom URL, follow these steps:
- Sign in to YouTube and go to your advanced account settings.
- Under "Channel settings," select the link to claim your custom URL.
- In the "Get a custom URL" box, you'll see the custom URL(s) you've been approved for. You can't change these, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Select the box next to "I agree to the Terms of Service," then click Change URL.
- Keep in mind that the custom URL will be linked to both your YouTube channel and your Google+ identity. Once your URL has been approved, you can't request to change it. When you're sure this is the URL you want, click Confirm choice.
Once selected, your audience can reach your channel by going to to either
youtube.com/creatoracademy (note that we are using the Creator Academy channel as an example here, your URL will be unique to your channel). Both URLs will redirect to your channel homepage.
If you want to change the capitalization, accents, or diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google+.
- In the top left corner, click the profile icon and go to the page or profile associated with your YouTube channel.
- Click the About tab.
- On the "Links" card, click Edit.
- Make edits to the URL's formatting, then click Save.
Keep in mind that you can only change the capitalization and diacritics of the URL, not the URL itself.