Learn how to update the name and description on your YouTube channel.
Change your channel name
Your YouTube channel name is the name on your Google Account. To change your channel name, you'll need to change the name on your Google Account:
- Open your Google Account settings.
- Next to your name, select Edit .
- Enter your new name and select OK.
Bear in mind…
You can only change your channel name three times every 90 days.
If you change the name on your Google Account, it will be changed across all Google services, like Gmail.
After changing your name, it may take a few days for the new name to be updated and displayed across YouTube.
If you've translated your channel name with channel translations, you'll need to update the translations with your new name.
If your school or business manages your account, you may not be able to change your name in your Google Account settings. Get in touch with your system administrator for help.
Watch how to change your channel name
Watch the following video from TeamYouTube if you'd like a tutorial on how to change your channel name.
Use a different name on YouTube than Google
To use a different name on YouTube than your Google Account, you can create a Brand Account and connect it to your channel. Learn how to create a Brand Account. Then, connect your YouTube channel to a Brand Account.
Change your channel description
Your channel description appears on the 'About' tab of your channel page.
- Sign in to your channel on YouTube.
- Select your profile picture Your channel.
- Click Customise channel.
- Open the About tab.
- Under 'Description':
- If you've never added a channel description, select +Channel description.
- If you already have a channel description, select Edit .
- Enter your new description and select Done.