Confirm your name on YouTube
If you created an account on YouTube before 2014, you won't have access to some features (such as comments) until you confirm the name that you want to use on YouTube. This ensures that your preferred name shows next to your comments and other actions that you take on YouTube.
You can choose to continue using your current YouTube username or choose to use the name and photo that you use with other Google services, like Gmail.
Confirm your name
- On a computer, sign in to your YouTube account.
- In top right, click your account icon.
- Click the settings icon .
- If you haven’t yet confirmed your name, you’ll see a link to Confirm your name on YouTube below your email address.
- Choose to do one of the following:
- Confirm to use the name and photo that you use for your Google Account for your channel, or
- Choose to use a different name just on YouTube by selecting the option to use a business or other name. Then, confirm that you want to start using the name from your Google account with your YouTube channel.
- Click Update my name. Your channel name will be updated to reflect your selection.
Note that it may take some time for the changes to update throughout the site.