Confirm your name on YouTube
You might see a link to Confirm your name on YouTube in your account settings. If so, your channel was never connected to Google+ and still uses an old YouTube username. Some YouTube features, like comments, won’t be available until you have confirmed your name on YouTube. By confirming your name, you can be sure your preferred name is displayed alongside your public actions on YouTube.
To confirm your name:
- Go to your account settings.
- If you haven’t yet confirmed your name, you’ll see a link to Confirm your name on YouTube below your email address.
- We’ll use the name and photo that you use for your Google account for your channel, unless you choose to update this name.
Note: If you’d prefer to use a different name just on YouTube, select the option to use a business or other name.
- You'll be asked to confirm that you want to start using the name from your Google account with your YouTube channel.
- Click Update my name and that's it! Your channel name will be updated to reflect your selection.
Note that it may take some time for the changes to update throughout the site.