YouTube Live Streaming Guide
Promoting your event
When promoting the event, be sure to do the following.
Before the Event:
Music Programs can follow our Music Festivals Guide.
- Schedule your event at least 48 hours before going live.
- When creating the Live Event ID, select InVideo Programming in the Event Settings tab. This will feature the Public live event across all your channel videos.
- From the Basic Info tab, create a custom post for your subscribers and social media sites. The message will post alongside the event link, when the Public event is set live.
- Allow embedding on Advanced Settings tab, so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL to display the event on your website. Send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- Create a Google + event and invite your circles to view the live stream. The event link can be added under the Advanced Settings.
- Direct users to youtube.com/user/[channelname]/live. If, for any reason, you need to create a new live event ID, this link will load the most recently started event without affecting your marketing.
- Create a Live Section to display upcoming and live events on your channel.
- Link your Google+, Facebook and Twitter accounts to your channel by going to My Channel, clicking the "Edit links" button next to the channel art section.
- Associate your channel with your website under Account Settings →Channel Settings → Advanced → Associated Website. This will help us improve the quality of our search results and verify your channel as the official representation of your brand on YouTube.
- Apply optimization techniques to your channel and videos.
- Create a channel trailer or teaser video to promote the event.
- Use InVideo Programming to feature the teaser across all your channel videos.
During the Event:
- Feature the event on your channel.
- Subscribers will be notified of Public events that you create in their homepage feed.
- Subscribers will see the live stream appear in the What to Watch Next area.
- You can also update the channel art to include the event name, date and time.
After the Event:
- Post an archive of the live event soon after the completion.
- Create clips of the event using the local archive, upload and organize into playlists.