Promote your live stream
Promoting an event can help you attract a larger audience. Here are some quick tips to help you get started.
Before the event
- Create a channel trailer or teaser video to promote the event.
- Share your streaming link at least 48 hours before you go live.
- Connect your social media accounts to your channel for easy sharing.
- Create a custom post for your subscribers and social media sites. The message will post, including the event link, when the Public event goes live.
- In the Stream Now experience, share the persistent link across social media. youtube.com/user/[channelname]/live
- Embed the URL on your website and send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- Create a Live Section to display upcoming and live events on your channel.
- Add an Associated Website. This will help us improve the quality of search results and verify your channel as the official representation of your brand on YouTube.
- Apply optimization techniques to your channel and videos.
During the event
- Feature the event for new visitors to your channel.
- Create highlight clips of the event while it's still live.
- Note: Subscribers may be notified of your Public events in their homepage feed.
- Note: Subscribers will see the live stream appear in the What to Watch Next area.
- You can also update your channel art to include the event name, date and time.
After the event
- Post an archive of the live event soon after the completion.
- Organize the archive and highlight clips into playlists.