Video distribution settings
How to set distribution settings
You can choose to make your videos available on all platforms or monetized platforms only. The distribution setting will be found in the video's Metadata Editor. To access the Editor, go to your Video Manager, find the video that needs new settings, and click the Edit button. Here are a few additional notes regarding distribution:
- Users who are not monetizing partners cannot change the distribution setting in the Advanced Settings tab of Video Manager.
- If a user's video is a claimed video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the user, will apply.
- If a user's video is a video with a claim to the music contained within that video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the user, will apply to the video.
Difference between monetized platforms and all platforms
The following platforms are examples of platforms we consider monetized:
- YouTube app.
- YouTube app on TVs including Xbox, Android TV, PlayStation, and Chromecast.
- m.youtube.com accessed from most smartphones.
In addition to monetized platforms mentioned above, "all platforms" include but are not limited to the following:
- YouTube app pre-installed on iOS 5 and below.
- YouTube app on Apple TV.
- YouTube legacy apps on feature phones and TVs.
- m.youtube.com accessed from feature phones.