Watch time report
You can use the Watch time report to see data about watch time and views. The report shows the following data collected from YouTube.com, the embedded player, and mobile YouTube apps. No personally identifiable information is collected or shared in the Watch time report.
- Watch time: The amount of time that a viewer has watched a video. This gives you a sense of what content viewers actually watch (as opposed to videos that they click on and then abandon).
- Views: The number of legitimate views for your channels or videos.
Note: Analytics views data is based in Pacific Standard Time, updated once a day, and has a delay of up to 72 hours. The numbers you see in Analytics reports might be different from the numbers you see on the video page, channel page, Video Manager, or other sources.
See your Watch time report
Creator Studio Classic
- Log in to your Google account.
- In the top right, select your account > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, click Analytics < Watch time.
To download the report, click Export report in the top right.
YouTube Studio Beta
- Sign in to YouTube Studio Beta with your whitelisted channel.
- In the left menu, click Analytics.
- Click the Overview tab to see 2 watchtime info cards:
- Channel watch time: This shows watchtime compared with the previous period for all your public, private, unlisted, and deleted videos.
- Video watch: This shows watchtime compared with the previous period for specific videos.
- Click on the cards to get a deeper dive.
How to use the Watch time report
At the top of the report, you'll see watch time and the number of views. You can use the tabs under the graph to view the data by dimensions like content type, geography, date, subscription status, YouTube product, and subtitles or closed captions.
You can modify the Watch time report to see only the data you want:See or compare data for specific videos
View specific content
At the top of the page, click in the Search for content box to select from a list of your channels, assets, videos, playlists, and groups. You can also enter a specific title into the search box or browse all your content.
To see total data for just your uploads or just your playlists, choose the Uploads tab or Playlists tab under the search bar.
To compare data across content, click the Comparison... button at the top of the page and enter the information you want to compare, like content, location, or time frame.
You can see data for specific types of viewers, playbacks, or viewers in specific locations:
- Subscribers only: Choose Subscribed from the drop-down menu under the search bar.
- Non-subscribers only: Choose Not subscribed from the drop-down menu under the search bar.
- Live only:* Choose Live to only see data for videos that were live streamed.
- On demand only:* Choose On demand to only see data for on demand videos.
- YouTube products:** Select from the options to see traffic from different YouTube offerings, like YouTube Gaming or YouTube Kids.
- By region: Click the Search for locations box at the top of the screen to see suggested regions.
- By country: Under the graph, select the Geography tab. You can also click the Search for locations box at the top of the screen to see suggested countries.
*This data is only available if you live stream videos.
**This data is only available if your content is watched through YouTube Gaming or YouTube Kids.
To organize data by the dates your videos had most watch time or views, select the Date tab under the graph, then reorder the data by the selected metric.
- Change the date range for the report: Click the calendar button at the top of the page and select your date range. You can also select from preset time frames, such as the last month or year, by clicking the drop-down menu next to the calendar button.
- Change how watch time shows: In the graph, click the Compare metric drop-down menu, then choose Watch time (hours) or Watch time (minutes).
- Change the reporting frequency: In the graph, click the Daily drop-down menu and choose how you want the data to show, like daily, weekly, or monthly.