YouTube does not allow contests to be run through ad units. If the contest conforms with the below rules, you can use contests through your content on the platform.
I. General Restrictions and Requirements:
- You're solely responsible for your contest.
- Your contest on YouTube must comply with all relevant federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, including U.S. sanctions.
- Your contest cannot infringe upon or encourage the infringement of any third-party rights or the participation in any unlawful activity.
- You cannot ask the viewer to give all rights for, or transfer the ownership of, their entry to you.
- Your contest must be free to enter (don't forget to check your local lottery laws!).
- You and any third-party may not manipulate metrics on the YouTube service to misrepresent genuine viewer engagement with the YouTube service. These metrics include numbers of views, likes, dislikes, or subscribers.
- You cannot associate or affiliate YouTube with your contest without YouTube's prior written consent. This rule prohibits, among other examples, expressly stating or doing anything that suggests that YouTube is involved with or has endorsed your contest in any way.
II. Your Official Contest Rules:
- You must have a set of "Official Rules" which:
a. include links to the YouTube Community Guidelines and indicate entries that don’t comply will be disqualified.
b. state all disclosures required by all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including U.S. sanctions.
c. are wholly compliant and consistent with the YouTube Terms of Service.
- Your contest must be conducted, and all prizes awarded as outlined in your Official Rules.
- You're responsible for your rules and all aspects of your contest administration.
- Your rules must clearly state that YouTube is not a sponsor of your contest and require viewers to release YouTube from any liability related to your contest.
- You must include a legally compliant privacy notice in your Official Rules. This notice explains how you'll use any personal data you collect for the contest and adhere to that use.
Disclaimer: We're not your attorneys and the info presented here is not legal advice. We give it for informational purposes and suggest you seek advice in your jurisdiction for running a contest legally.