Update the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
Change video privacy settings
- Sign in to the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Tap Library Your videos .
- Next to the video you want to change, tap More Edit.
- Tap the Privacy setting, and choose between Public, Private, and Unlisted.
- Press back and tap the SAVE button at the top to save changes.
Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and whomever you choose. Your private videos won’t appear in the Videos tab of your channel homepage. They also won't show up in YouTube's search results. YouTube systems and human reviewers may review private videos for ad suitability, copyright, and other abuse prevention mechanisms.
To share a private video:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- Click the Visibility box and select Share privately.
- Enter the emails you'd like to share your video with, then select SAVE.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, change the privacy setting to unlisted.
Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. Your unlisted videos won’t appear in the Videos tab of your channel homepage. They won't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
You can share an unlisted video's URL. Those you share the video with don't need a Google Account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also reshare it.
|Can share URL||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||No||Yes||Yes|
|Shows up in search, related videos, and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in Subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
|Can be commented on||No||Yes||Yes|